Please see the appropriate faculty member for your Pin # and individual advising.
[If your last name sarts with letters:]
[ A - E ] Chelsea Helms (firstname.lastname@example.org)
[ F - K ] Jeanne Mercer Ballard (email@example.com)
[ L - Q ] George Valcarcel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
[ R - Z ] Alex Poorman (email@example.com)
A Bachelor of Science degree in Interior Design is a first‐professional degree program with a four‐year sequence which consists of 78 semester hours, which includes:
- 12 s.h. of introductory coursework: INT 1001, 1002, 1100, 1300 and IND 1010
- Note: Freshman Portfolio Review must be successfully completed before 2000‐4000 level courses may be taken
- 53 s.h. of advanced coursework: INT 2001, 2100, 2110, 2200, 2300, 2310, 2400, 3001, 3100, 3110, 3200, 3320, 3400, 4100, 4110, 4300, 4320, 4330, 4400, 4900 [4 s.h.]
- 13 s.h. of interdisciplinary coursework: TEC 2708, TEC 2718, TEC 4667
- 3 s.h. of approved electives [see the interior design program coordinator for a current list of approved electives]
- 3 s.h. of any TEC/GRA/GCM/ADM/IND/PHO elective[s].
A minimum grade of "C" [2.0] is required in each major course. Three semester hours of free electives outside the major discipline are required. [No minor is required]. A laptop computer and digital camera are required of all majors [see program coordinator for specifications].
Link here to access advising forms for students such as, add/change a major or a minor, application for graduation, course audits, credit by examination, exception to drop policy, grade forgiveness, special course forms, independent study forms, individual study forms, instructional assistance, research assistant, late drop/add, petition for transfer credit, visiting coursework request, and withdrawal checklist.
Freshman Portfolio Review
To support the professional orientation of the interior design major and to assist the student in an appropriate career choice, all interior design students must participate in the Freshman Portfolio Review for admittance into the upper‐level courses and to complete the interior design curriculum.
Interior design students will complete the following sequence of courses for the interior design major before the Freshman Portfolio Review:
- INT 1001 Visual Literacy I
- INT 1002 Visual Literacy II
- INT 1100 Interior Design Studio I
- INT 1300 Design and the Built Environment
- IND 1010 CAD I: Imaging
At the completion of the courses, students will be asked to present a portfolio to the interior design faculty. The portfolio will include:
- Selected examples from the above classes and other work deemed appropriate for the presentation
- A career goal statement plus individual evaluation of strengths and areas needing improvement.
Join our program's Facebook page!